Monday, March 14, 2016

My Alternative Spring Break Journey: Getting Around

Sunday provided us with the free time to explore the area around house. And of course, we couldn't help but take advantage of that fact, especially with the sunny and warm weather.

On our free day, we traveled to Kill Devil Hills, NC, where we visited sand dunes and Jennette's Pier. Both locations served as prime locations for scenic tours and picture taking.

The view from the top of the sand dunes.
Walking barefoot up toward the mountainous sand dune and hiking up the dune allowed me to entangle my feet in the sand and explore nature's wonder.


I made it to the top!
Of course, climbing up the sand dune was difficult, but the view from the top was breathtaking. The crisp, Spring air and soft, warm sand brought me a bit closer to the feeling of Summer.

Exploring the land of sand dunes

Afterwards, our journey led us to Jennette's Pier, where we saw the ocean traveling beneath our feet at the end of the pier. Jennette's Pier is a hot spot for fishers who are seeking to catch a variety of fish. The pier is lined with bench chairs facing toward the sea and with engraved stone pathways leading to the center.


Jennette's Pier
Today's journey gave me just what I needed to clear my mind and get motivated for tomorrow's busy work day. My encounter with the ocean provided me with a calm peace of mind and allowed me to begin my journey to seek new knowledge about nature's wonders. I much appreciated the ocean and the sunlight on the pier.


The view from Jennette's Pier

Of course, tomorrow will be the beginning of a busy week that will push me to step outside my comfort zone.

All photos are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment